Yoga for Mental Health & Mental Health Toolbox
Cindy’s trainings are broken down simply:
- The Professional Trainings are for Company’s, Educators, and Mental Health Workers.
- The Yoga Teacher Trainings are specifically for Yoga Teachers who are looking to further their learning and helping others. The Yoga Teacher Trainings are all approved through Yoga Alliance.
Yoga for Mental Health
This course consists of: adult and teen anxiety along with teen and adult depression. Content includes:
- Anatomy of Mental Health – The definitions, differences, and understanding of anxiety, depression, PTSD, and stress
- How it Affects the Body – Mental Health does affects the body and it can have long term affects. We delve into the anatomy of where and how it affects the body and how it can be reversed.
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga (yoga philosophy) – These are the core principles that serve as a compass for living a meaningful and purposeful life; examining how they pertain to anxiety.
- Differences between Teen Anxiety/Depression and Adult Anxiety/Depress – Looking at how they’re different from different ages ranges. Depression in Teens and Adults· The Brain & Body – Understanding how the brain works in Anxiety and Depression, how it affects the body, and the long term affects in can have.· Triggers – What triggers anxiety
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/Tapping) – EFT is using acupuncture points with your fingers to help relax the central nervous system.
- Meditation – by using a mantra-based meditation helps the mind from racing, keeps you present, and calms the central nervous system,
- Pranayama (breath) – There are two different breathing techniques learned to help simply relax the sympathetic nervous system
- Chakra’s – how they’re affected in anxiety and the body,
- Affirmations – Affirmations are a great way to change how you feel about yourself and your life,
- Body Positivity and how you view your own body,
- Self-Compassion, how to have it and how to keep it.
Level: novice/beginner class. No experience necessary.
Time: Depending on what the clients needs are, this course can be 2 hours to 16 hours
Note: This course is for Educators, Parents, Mental Health Professionals, and Companies.
Mental Health Toolbox
The Mental Health Toolbox is exactly like Yoga for Mental Health without the Yoga components.
200 Hour Training –This program offers detailed and intelligent instruction of asana practice, to fully prepare students for becoming a safe and helpful yoga teacher. Gain knowledge on philosophy, anatomy, meditative awareness and spontaneity with understanding how to sequence a flow, structure a class and keep students safe. Cindy’s 200 RYT Training also includes the 7-hour Mindful Yoga for Anxiety program.
Yoga for Mental Health (100 Hour)
This 100 hour training can be paired with any 300 hour RYT program or as enhancement for any yoga teachers practice. In depth study into the following:
- Physiology of Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, OCD, Stress – Cause and Effect – What happens in the body and mind
- Subtle Energy/Anatomy
- Emotional Freedom Technique/Tapping
- The Healing Power of Affirmations
- Energy Medicine and Energy Psychology
Yoga for Mental Health (22 hours)
Mindful Yoga for Mental Health program teaches a mind-body practice that combines physical poses, controlled breathing, meditation, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/Tapping), Daily Energy Routine and relaxation to reduce stress, lower blood pressure and lower your heart rate specific for individuals who suffer from anxiety, depression, PTSD, and stress. Learn how anxiety, depression, PTSD, and stress affect the body, what are triggers for teens and adults, the definitions of anxiety, PTSD, stress, and depression, and holistic ways of working with individuals with these conditions.